There are a several underlying anatomical structures that can make the face appear wide or bulky. Facial slimming may require a combination of procedures/treatments to address the underlying concerns.
- Large masseter muscles. Sometimes caused by clenching or grinding, large masseter muscles (or TMJ’S) can make a jaw look wide. Using muscle relaxers injected directly into the muscle we can not only treat the underlying medical issues (grinding or clenching), but we can also shrink the size of the muscle, thus narrowing the face.
- Buccal fat: This pesky fat can lead to puffy chipmunk cheeks, Surgical removal or dissolving can eliminate the volume giving greater definition to the jawline.
- Double chin: Volume under the chin and jawline make the area appear ill defined. Dissolving the fat using Belkyra can lessen the bulk creating a more chiselled look.
- Skin laxity: As we age skin looses collagen, causing skin to loose elasticity and tone. This sagging skin can lead to jowling and can also cause loss of Jawline definition. Collagen stimulator can help restore skins elasticity and tone, helping tighten the lower face.
- Mid-face and Jawline volume loss: As we age we loose bone density and soft tissue volume to our mid face and jaw bone. Adding dermal fillers in the right places can help lift and revitalize the mid to lower face.