Dermaplaning is immediate rejuvenation of the skin by manual removal of dead skin and facial hair. It is also highly effective in minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, while leaving the skin smooth and glowing. It has been utilized for many years as skin preparation prior to peels but has become more recently popular as a stand alone treatment. It is great as an add-on treatment for most procedures or on its own to help increase product penetration and creating a perfect canvas for makeup application.
What can I expect for downtime?
Minimal to zero downtime. Your skin may appear flush for an hour or so post-treatment but you can apply make-up if needed immediately post treatment.
How long is the procedure?
Dermaplaning takes approx 20-30 minutes but we include an enzyme peel and masque with treatment, extending time to 50 mins. Dermaplaning can be added to Ultrasonic medical facial, more intense peels, PRP Facial, Injectables, and microneedling for an extra cost.
What are the benefits of this treatment?
- Facial hair removed (It will not grow back darker or increase growth)
- Improves tone and texture
- Smooth and glowing skin
Who should avoid the treatment/contraindication?
- Skin Infections
- Botox or fillers- Wait 1-2 weeks (Dermaplaning can be done prior to injectables)
- Chemical Peel/Retin-A/laser- Wait until skin is healed 1-2 weeks
- Clients prone to post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation- Pretreat skin for at least 2 weeks with melanin suppressant serum
- Cancer- Not while undergoing treatment
- Diabetes- Must be under control
- Accutane- After 12 months of non-use and doctor approval
- Blood thinners or history of bleeding, delayed coagulation following injury
- Acne- Grade 3 or above
- Active Cold sores- wait until healed
- Dermaplaning: Includes enzyme peel and masque $150 (package of 3 $360)
View additional aftercare instructions.
View all of our services available in Calgary.
Number of treatments:
Ready To Book?
Acne and Blemishes
Clear skin often doesn’t just happen. While cleansing twice a day helps, your skin often needs multiple modalities to treat the underlying problem. Whether it's caused by hormones, bacteria, excessive oil production or dead skin cells don’t worry we’ve got you covered.
How much does Dermaplaning cost?
A Dermaplaning facial at Bardot Beauty costs $130 as a stand-alone treatment and $312 for a package of 3 treatments (includes a 20% discount)
Is there a downside to dermaplaning?
While Dermaplaning is a minimally invasive treatment, potential downside could include localized redness, irritation, and temporary breakouts in the treated area.
Who is not a good candidate for dermaplaning?
Individuals with active acne, certain skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis are not ideal candidates for dermaplaning.