Dermal fillers are a composed of a protein found naturally in our bodies called Hyaluric acid. They are injected into the deep layers of your skin to reduce the look of wrinkles, fine lines, and volume loss. Fillers for your skin are proven to last up to 2 years depending on the type of product used and the area of treatment. To help you learn more about fillers, we have compiled a list of 8 of the most important things to know about fillers !
Dermal fillers are used to:
- Hydrate and plump lips
- Eliminate fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth (nasolabial)
- Correct volume loss to under-eye area and mid-face
- Augment face profile (chin filler)
Who is a good candidate:
- Over the age of 18
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Those with age related volume loss that causes fine lines and wrinkles
- Those interested in enhancing lips, cheeks, jaw line and/or chin
What to expect:
- Your treatment will take on average 30 minutes. A topical or injectable numbing agent is used to keep you comfortable through the whole process. The filler is placed using a fine needle or canula to the affected area. We use ultrasound guidance to ensure the highest quality injections. Once treatment is complete you can ice the area as needed to reduce any potential bruising or swelling.
View additional aftercare instructions.
View all of our services available in Calgary.
Number of treatments: