Dermal fillers are a composed of a protein found naturally in our bodies called Hyaluric acid. They are injected into the deep layers of your skin to reduce the look of wrinkles, fine lines and volume loss. Fillers are proven to last up to 2 years depending on the type of product used and the area of treatment. To help you learn more about fillers, we have compiled a list of 8 of the most important things to know about fillers !
Dermal fillers are used to:
- Hydrate and plump lips
- Eliminate fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth (nasolabial)
- Correct volume loss to under-eye area and mid-face
Who is a good candidate:
- Over the age of 18
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Those with age related volume loss that causes fine lines and wrinkles
- Those interested in enhancing lips, cheeks, jaw line and/or chin
What to expect:
- Your treatment will take on average 30 minutes. A topical or injectable numbing agent is used to keep you comfortable through the whole process. The filler is placed using a fine needle or canula to the affected area. Once treatment is complete you can ice the area as needed to reduce any potential bruising or swelling.
View all of our services available in Calgary.
Number of treatments:
Ready To Book?
Before & After
What is Filler?
The facial fillers used at BARDÖT are made from hyaluronic acid. The use of fillers can eliminate wrinkles, plump and hydrate lips, replace soft-tissue volume loss, raise scar depressions, and volumize creases and folds of the face. As we age, our skin becomes more susceptible to wrinkles and fine lines, especially due to sun damage and muscle movement. Facial fillers provide a solution to such damage through facial injections.
How much does Filler cost?
Because everyone’s needs are different a personal consultation is the best way to establish cost. With that in mind, filler treatments start at $450. This cost not only reflects the price of the product, but also the skill, knowledge and expertise of the medical injector. We do not price match.
When will I see results?
Results are visible immediately after treatment. The healing process then begins which involves swelling for about 3-7 days depending on the amount injected, area injected, and how your body reacts to the procedure. The product then settles and you’ll enjoy your final results about 2-3 weeks after injections. Please give yourself a minimum of 2 weeks before any events or vacations in case of residual bruising and swelling.
How long do results last?
Longevity differs from person to person and from treatment to treatment. Because the product is being injected into the body, some bodies may metabolize the product faster than others. See below for average longevity based on treatment:
• Cheek Filler: 9-18 months
• Under Eye Filler: 6-18 months
• Lip Filler: 6-12 months
• Hand Filler: 9-18 months
• Lower Face Filler: 9-18 months
• Neckline/Tech-Neck Filler: 6-9 months
• Jawline Filler: 9-18 months
• Chin Augmentation: 9-18 months
• Nasolabial Fold (Smile/Laugh Lines) Filler: 6-12 months
• Temple Filler: 6-12 months
Will I need time to recover?
Bruising is possible, plan 2 weeks ahead of any events/vacations.