PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
PRP (platelet rich plasma) is a procedure that utilizes ones own platelets to stimulate collagen using your natural growth factors. With new collagen production we see softening of fine lines and wrinkles as well as an improvement in skins texture, scaring and help improve hair loss.
Who is a good candidate:
- Over the age of 18
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Overall healthy
- Not a good idea for those on blood thinners, have blood disorders, or an active infection
What to expect:
- The treatment itself will take about 45-60 minutes. Firstly a topical numbing agent is applied. Blood is then drawn from you and processed through a centrifuge to separate the growth factors from whole blood. Depending on the area being treated the growth factors (or PRP) are either superficially micro-needled into the treatment area (hair or skin), or injected directed into chosen areas (eyes, jawbone, neck lines and lips).
Pricing (priced by area):
- Face $800 per session (package of 3 $1920)
- Hair Restoration $1000 per session (package of 3 $2400)
- PRP Facial $800 per session (package of 3 $1920)
- The Bridgette $1300 (package of 3 $3120)
On average patients require 3-4 sessions for optimal results.
View all of our services available in Calgary.
Ready To Book?
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet Rich Plasma is the perfect solution to stimulate cell growth within the body. The patient’s blood is drawn, processed, and then used for treatment. The benefits of PRP can be used to stimulate hair growth, diminish the appearance of scarring and encourage the body’s production of collagen.
How does PRP work?
Plasma is a component of our blood and contains proteins which help the blood to clot and support cell growth. Platelets are found within the blood and are responsible for recognizing and repairing damaged cells by forming a plug, or clot. PRP Treatments use the body’s own healing processes to rejuvenate the skin and promote new cell growth.
Pre-care Instructions and Relative Contraindications:
This treatment is highly dependable on the level of hydration of the patient (patients need to start hydration process 72 hours before treatment).
1. You may take pain medication such as Tylenol.
2. A numbing cream is applied to the area of treatment.
3. Approximately 13-52cc of whole blood is drawn from your arm.
4. The tubes of blood are centrifuged to separate the component cells.
5. Platelets, Leukocytes and Mesenchymal stem cells are separated and used for this procedure.
6. The liquid is then transferred into a syringe and injected using a tiny needle.
How much does a PRP/PRF Treatment cost?
To achieve optimal results, you will need a series of 3-4 treatments. Pricing starts at $500.
When will I see results?
Noticeable results are visible within 4-9 months.
How long do results last?
Results from PRP Treatments are expected to be long-lasting, though results may vary from person to person.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments varies from person to person, but on average, we recommend 3-4 treatment sessions separated by 4-6 weeks then 1-2 treatments per year for maintenance.
Will I need time to recover?
For injections, bruising and swelling is possible, plan 2 weeks ahead of any events/vacations.
For microneedling with PRP/PRF, recovery lasts from 1-2 days with reddened skin, no peeling.