A PDO or PLLA Thread Lift is a minimally invasive treatment that lifts and tightens sagging skin using sutures, or threads made of either polydioxanone (PDO) or Polylactic acid (PLLA). The lifting thread is introduced into the deep layers of the skin and produces three effects:
- Instant skin lifting through mechanical effects,
- Cellular renewal through collagen stimulation and neovascularization to improve texture, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Skin tightening by approximating tissues.
Threads dissolve through hydrolysis after three to six months. The lifted facial contours can remain for up to two years due to cellular rejuvenation effects.
PDO and PLLA thread treatments are safe with very few side effects.
Benefits of THREADS
- Long-lasting results
- Little risk of adverse reaction
- Little to no downtime
- Minimal to no scarring
- No incision
- Treats several areas of the face and body
- May be repeated as necessary
- Softens sagging, folding, or hollowing in the mid-face
- Softens jowls along the jawline
- Excellent alternative to surgical options